Deal Done! £40m Bid To Be Submitted For Centre-Back – Coming to Arsenal In Days

Arsenal are reportedly considering a swoop move for Porto and Algerian international Yacine Brahimi after missing out on his compatriot from Leicester City Riyad Mahrez, according to report coming from The Mirror [via The Telegraph].

The 26-year-old Algerian international, who like his compatriot Mahrez, is said to be seeking a move out from Estadio do Dragao, which has, saw him being left of his side’s Champions League qualifier against Roma in midweek.

The Algerian winger has currently been valued at £40m, price which Arsenal can afford looking at how scarse experienced centre-back is at the club presently, but report according to The Telegraph is claiming we’re bound to face keen competition from Premier League rivals Liverpool and Chelsea for his service.

Also, while there are still strong concern for defensive reinforcements, the Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has been told by La Liga club Atletico Madrid that they must activate Jose Gimenez release clause of £56m if we’re still interested in securing his signature before the end of this summer.

We’ve only sealed three signing this summer which is that of Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach, Rob Holding from Bolton Wanderers and Takuma Asano from Sanfreece Hiroshima, but according to recent reports, the Japanese international will not be playing this summer as he’s failed to get a work permit.