Latest Update – Fans Urge Wenger To Spend After Goalless Draw Against Leicester City

After only a solitary point against Leicester City, fans have grown frustrated over Wenger’s reluctancy to spend big in the market. The lack of goals has pushed fans to question the Frenchman’s spending tactics and demand a new striker.

Arsenal lack of goals has pushed us all to throw question at the Frenchman’s spending tactics, which is not in any way helping the club at all and by this, we’re demanding a new striker.

We’ve only seen only two new additions to our squad this season namely, Granit Xhaka and Rob Holding, both of whom featured in our match against the Premier League champions of Saturday.

There are reports suggesting we are getting close signing Valencia’s and German central defender Shkodran Mustafi for £25 million before the transfer window closes.

Wenger in a short interview after the match against Leicester City insisted by claiming he isn’t hesitant to spend big. BBC quotes him as saying, “If we find the right player we will not be reluctant to spend big,”

“If I just bought someone for £45m will I have done well? I do not understand why people say I am reluctant.

“Spending the money itself is not a quality. Spending it to buy they right, top-quality player is the quality.”

The Frenchman spent £35 million to bring Granit Xhaka to the Emirates stadium and the 66-year-old French boss spent £2 million on Rob Holding. He is firm on his belief that spending big doesn’t necessarily guarantee quality players.

He added that, “I will spend £300m if I find the right player, and we have £300m,”

“But we also have 600 employees and we need to have a responsible attitude as well.

“I’m a bit fed up saying the same thing when people say we do not want to spend. We analyse everything then make the right signings.

“Nobody is speaking about the performance of Rob Holding. You should be happy because he’s English, 20 years old – but I’m sorry he didn’t cost £55m, so he can’t be good.”

The presence of Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud was welcome back to the team over the weekend, but while this was a pleasant sight for us, pressure over the Frenchman will not ease until we have the chance to welcome a decent centre-forward to Arsenal.