[Photo] Arsenal Target Completes Medical, Deal To Be Announced Today

Arsenal’s and Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell has reportedly joined Sporting Lisbon on a season-long loan.

The Costa Rica international looked to have finally made a breakthrough at the Emirates last season, scoring four goals in 30 appearances.

Moreover, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen on bringing in a forward to north London, the 24-year-old was expected to stay with the north London following Danny Welbeck’s injury.

The Costa Rica has spent his last four season on loan with Lorient, Real Betis, Olympiacos and Villareal respectively.

Campbell will now link up with international team-mate Bryan Ruiz at the Estadio Jose Alvalade.

An Arsenal official statement via the Daily Express read, “Everyone at Arsenal wishes Joel a successful season in Portugal.”

Wenger is still under pressure to spend money on new reinforcement after his side draw 0-0 with Leicester City yesterday, and was forced to defend his transfer policy after the game.

A statement from the French man as quoted via the Daily Express read, “Why do you say I am reluctant? I don’t understand that,”

“If we find players who can strengthen our team we are not reluctant. I would spend £300m if I find the right player and I have £300m.” he added.