£40M BID ! – Arsenal 5th Summer Signing Heading To London Colney For Medicals

Arsenal have reportedly launched mouth-watering move for Monaco defender Marcel Tisserand, according to reports coming from the English media.

The Daily Mirror according to one of their report suggested that the north London club have made an approach for the Congolese international as manager Arsene Wenger looks to strengthen his defensive options at the Emirates stadium.

The same article according to the media outlet suggested that Arsenal could face challenge in signing the Congolese from Espanyol as the La Liga side was thought to lining-up impressive swoop for him.

However, Espanyol proposed fee for the French-born took another twist, which has opened the door for Arsenal.

The story also claims that the 23-year-old has struggled to establish himself at the Ligue 1 side following his loan spells at Lens and Toulouse.

We’re facing a strong defensive crisis at the Emirates stadium following injuries to Germany’s World Cup winner Per Mertesacker and Brazilian centre-back Gabriel Paulista.

However, we’ve signed Switzerland international Granit Xhaka in a £33m deal from Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach at the start of the summer.

The Frenchman has also added to our squad Japanese forward Takuma Asano and Bolton Wanderers Rob Holding this summer.

The Gunners have made a two-game winless start to the new Premier League season following a defeat by Liverpool and a goalless stalemate with Leicester City.