£26 Million SUBMITTED – Croatian Midfielder To Undergo Medicals On Monday

Arsenal’s transfer strategy has finally kicked into another dimension this week.

Although the we’ve been expecting the signing of Valencia’s and Germany international Shkodran Mustafi to get concluded for a number of weeks, our move for Deportivo de La Coruna’s Lucas Perez came out of the blue to us all.

However, Wenger transfer activity this summer may not be finished yet, after there’ve been rumours coming from Italy claiming that the Gunners have registered an interest in Inter Milan’s and Croatian international Marcelo Brozovic.

The Croatian box-to-box midfielder has become trending subject of transfer this summer due to San Siro outfits need to balance their books after they’ve just concluded the signing of Gabriel Barbosa and Joao Mario.

However, in our pursuit of the midfielder, we’ll be facing keen competition from Chelsea, after his agent in his interview with Croatian publication [via Football-Italia] reveals that his client has been subject of interest from the two Premier League giants.

As quoted via Football-Italia, he said, “I heard that Chelsea representatives are in Milan and that Arsenal are also prepared to sign him. Inter are pushing to sell to one of these two clubs who are prepared to apy a sum that satisfies all concerned.”

This is the second time we’re being linked with a move for Brozovic this summer, after an earlier report from Calciomercata.com reported the Nerazzurri’s has risen steeply €30 price tag on Brozovic following the initial interest from us.

Indeed, despite Wenger signing Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach, we’ve persistently been linked with moves for further midfield reinforcements, there have also been reports that we’ve made a £14 offer for Juventus’ for the service of Mario Lemina earlier this month.

Not only had that, but yesterday Wenger hinted at the fact that Arsenal remain active in the transfer market telling The Telegraph, ‘Will we sign anybody before the end of the transfer window? I am 99 per cent confident’.

The next three days everybody will find agreements. It looks like it will be frenetic. Everybody has sat on their pounds. We know they will all splash out now.