Done Deal: “I’m so happy to play for this club” Star Striker After Completing Arsenal Move

Japenese forward Takuma Asano joins VfB from Arsenal on a season long-loan deal. In a brief interview, the Sanfreece Hiroshima spoke about his move, Vfb and his nickname.

He was interview and responded below:

Hello Takuma and welcome to VfB Stuttgart. You have some eventful weeks behind you, with participation at the Olympic Games in Rio and now your loan transfer from Arsenal FC to VfB. How are you doing?

Takuma Asano: “Thanks, I’m doing great. I am very happy to be here. I am looking forward to my time in Stuttgart and I want to play my part in helping the team achieve their goals.”

Before making the move to Arsenal, you played for Yokkaichi Chuo Technical HS and Sanfrecce Hiroshima in Japan. How is German football perceived in your homeland?

Takuma Asano: “I watched German football and the German leagues during my time in Japan. I didn’t really have a lot of time to watch the games live though. I know VfB Stuttgart because Shinji Okazaki and Gotoku Sakai played here. I am so happy to play for VfB now too.”

How would you describe yourself on and off the pitch?

Takuma Asano: “I am a very communicative type of person – which is connected to the fact that I come from a very large family. On the pitch, I try to get into the challenges with a lot of pace and then look to shoot on goal.”

Shinji Okazaki and Gotoku Sakai were both at VfB Stuttgart. Hajime Hosogai joined the squad in the summer. Did you have contact to any of those players before you made the move?

Takuma Asano: “I know Shinji and Gotoku from the Japanese national team. I didn’t have the time to talk o them about my move to VfB Stuttgart though. I met up with Hajime Hosogai in Stuttgart and had a chat with him.”

Your nickname is “The Jaguar”. When you score, you celebrate with your hands in front of your face, formed into claws. How did that special celebration come about?

Takuma Asano: “I am a very fast players, so the fans at my last club Sanfrecce Hiroshima gave me the nickname “The Jaguar”. I just adjusted my celebration to suit my nickname.” (laughing)

The article originally appeared on the German club official website….