Shocking ! – Thierry Henry Named As Red Devils Assistant Coach

Former Arsenal, Barcelona, and French striker Thierry Henry has reportedly agreed to join the managerial team of Belgium national team as the assistant manager to Roberto Martinez, according to reports.

The announcement was made as Belgium announced their squad for the first time under Martinez’s charge.

The Frenchman will become part of the Red Devils backroom staff alongside Graeme Jones who has been a part of Martinez’s staff as Swansea, Everton, and Wigan.

Belgium currently ranks second in the FIFA World Ranking and after a disappointing run under Marc Wilmots at Euro 2016, the Spaniard has been appointed to bring back the glory of football back on the field for the Red Devils.

He said about Henry joining his team at Belgium’s official press conference [via The Daily Mail], “He’s someone that has been in the situation of having to develop a mentality as a team to chase the dream of winning something special. He did that with his country back in ’96 leading up to ’98.”

“The attacking quality we have in our group is very rich. Thierry Henry’s experience of being able to go through that situation that we have as a team is going to be very important. Then when you go into the basics of simple attacking drills, as a player you can get a lot from him. That’s going to be a big role from Thierry’s point of view.”

Henry will coach the likes of Romelu Lukaku, Christian Benteke, Divock Origi, Michy Batshuayi and Kevin De Bruyne as the new assistant to Martinez and hopes to impart his striker knowledge on to the current Belgium front-men.