£16mRATED defender most likely to join Mustafi in Arsenal summer spree

Arsenal’s and former Southampton defender Calum Chambers looks set to leave the Emirates stadium on loan before the next week’s summer transfer deadline.

The Englishman would be the third players leaving the Emirates stadium on loan over the recent days with Joel Campbell out of the Emirates for yet another temporary stint abroad with Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal summer signing Takuma Asano signed for Stuttgart after the Japanese failed to secure a work permit in the aftermath of his July from J-League side Sanfreece Hiroshima to Arsenal.

As quoted via IBTimes, Wenger replied to a query regarding any potential exits. “With Joel Campbell going out, Calum Chambers maybe will go on loan somewhere, it will be alright.”

The forward recently told Costa Rican newspaper La Nacion that he made the decision to leave in order to play more regular first-team football despite Wenger’s preference for him to stay put.

Campbell is out of the Emirates for the fifth time since he move to Arsenal since 2011, following on from Lorient, Real Betis, Olympiacos and Villarreal.

Explaining that move at his presser, Wenger confirmed that Campbell might still have a future at Arsenal. He said, “I believe that he’s a bit of a victim of the size of the squad.

“He is now at an age where he needs to play more regularly and I don’t rule out that he comes back here and plays.”

“He has gone to Sporting Lisbon and I think it’s an interesting championship. Portugal always has an interesting championship and let’s see how it goes for him.”

Chambers joined Arsenal in 2014 for a fee of £16m.