All Arsenal £100m Summer Deal’s Completed : – How Arsenal will Line up with Stars

Now, since we are mostly done with our transfer business, it’s time to start speculating about what will be our strongest possible lineup for the next season.

I am sure even Arsene Wenger is not sure about his strongest XI at the moment, and it is going change on a number of occasions during the season.

But, since it’s international break upon us and we don’t have anything better to do for next two weeks, so we are going to speculate about the strongest possible lineup for us.

Now, keep in mind that the following line-up doesn’t take injuries into account.

Goalkeeper:

Well, this one takes no guessing. Petr Cech is our number one goalkeeper and until and unless he turns into Manuel Almunia overnight, he is going to keep his position for foreseeable future.

Defence:

Our full-back spots are also pretty much nailed down at the moment. Hector Bellerin is our undisputed number one right-back by a long distance while Nacho Monreal is currently comfortably ahead of Kieran Gibbs in the pecking order.

Now, there is a decision to be made by Wenger when it comes to centre-back partnership.

Laurent Koscielny is one of the first names on the team-sheet, but who will partner him when all of our defensive players are fit? I think by the time Gabriel and Per Mertesacker will return to fitness, new signing Shkodran Mustafi would have cemented his position in the starting eleven.

Midfield:

Central Midfield is going to be the trickiest area for us this season as we have a huge pool of players to pick from for these positions.

Granit Xhaka has already displayed what he can offer us in the position. He was quite impressive for us in the game against Watford, and I think he will be a regular starter for this season. But who will partner him in midfield?

We have loads of options in Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Francis Coquelin and Mohamed Elneny.

I suspect Wenger will try to recreate Ramsey-Arteta pivot of the 2013-14 season by playing Xhaka and Ramsey together this season.

Playing alongside Arteta brought out the best in Ramsey that season, and I think that Wenger believes Xhaka can have the same impact on the Welshman this season.

It’s not even worth discussing the number ten position as we one of the best players in the world for that position. I intend to finish this article without naming the best player in our team.

Attack:

For now, Olivier Giroud is the best option to lead our attacking lines. Alexis Sanchez will return to his position on the left once the Frenchman makes his return to the squad.

It’s a sad state of affairs that I am going to name Theo Walcott for the position on the right despite his indifferent form for us last season. It’s really frustrating to see that despite Walcott’s disastrous form, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn’t been able to take advantage of the situation and make the position his own.

It has been sort of competition between Chamberlain and Walcott to see who can be more inconsistent with their performances and at the moment it seems that Chamberlain is winning the competition.

Lucas Perez is the one to look out for this season. I think he will get to play in the striker position as well as on the wings for us.

I won’t be surprised if he manages to push either of Giroud or Walcott out of the starting eleven by December.