Impressive ! [+Photos] Stats Show Lucas Perez Is Better Than Giroud & Griezmann

Despite the decent amount (£17 million) reportedly spent to sign the 27-year-old, the fans remain skeptical as per his quality. The 17 league goals he scored last season stands no chance, as his critics write him off as a one-season wonder – more like Vardy.

However, Guillem Balague insists the striker, who has had spells at Dynamo Kyiv and PAOK, will be a valued addition to Wenger’s squad.

“Someone who scores 17 goals in La Liga should be considered a top signing, especially when you consider Perez did that at Deportivo,”Sky Sports‘ Spanish football expert told his weekly Q&A.

“He’s fast, has a powerful left-footed shot, he’s clever and has been abroad already in Ukraine and Greece.

“That experience makes him different to other Spanish strikers that struggled in the Premier League in the past. He can play as a number nine or, more likely, on the right-hand side of attack.”

Not to take Balague’s word for it, here is what the stats have to say, and you sure know that the stats do not lie. Surprisingly, Perez holds his own against the likes of Antoine Griezmann and our very own Giroud.

table4table4table11

Wenger also has some nice words for the striker: “He’s a late developer because he played in a different position. He moved centrally and in a successful way”, Wenger was quoted as saying by ESPN.

So I think he has good link-up qualities, good quality of receptions, good finishing qualities. But let’s see if we can finish the job.”