Insider explains what Perez and Mustafi will bring to Arsenal

German international Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez would provide the Arsenal side with much-needed edge, according to La Liga expert Graham Hunter.

Reporting according to Sky Sport News have reported earlier this weekend that the Deportivo La Coruna striker and the Valencia defender are both set to undergo medicals at the Emirates stadium in the coming days.

The north London club have been contending with a defensive crisis in recent weeks following injuries to World Cup winner Per Mertesacker and Brazilian defender Gabriel Paulista.

We were forced to start with inexperienced duo Calum Chambers and Rob Holding at centre-half for their 4-3 defeat by Liverpool in their Premier League opener.

However, we managed to restore French international defender Laurent Koscielny our last weekend’s trip to Leicester City but we still had to start les Bleus striker Olivier Giroud from the bench in the goalless stalemate against the Premier League champions.

Discussing about prospective moves to the Emirates for Mustafi and Perez, La Liga expert Hunter appeared to endorse the Frenchman’s pursuit of the La Liga duo as Wenger is keen on strengthening his squad ahead of deadline day.

As quoted via Newstalks’s Off The Ball, he said, “They are two signings that will give competitive edge to Arsenal.”