CONFIRMED + PICTURES – Mustafi Finally Arrive In London – All Smiles With Arsenal Fans

German World-Cup winner Shkodran Mustafi has move to Arsenal and the deal is expected to be announced by the club tomorrow but the German FA confirmed the transfer this morning, according to report from the German official website.

A statement on the website read, “Arsenal have increased their quota of German players with the transfer of world champion Shkrodan Mustafi from Valencia.”

world champion 1

However, they have now updated the wording of the statement to read, “Arsenal look set to increase their contingent of German players”.

The German’s move will cost the Gunners £35m after they’ve agreed on a deal with Valencia earlier this summer.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been keen on strengthening his defensive options following injuries to Per Mertesacker and Gabriel. Rob Holding, signed for £2m from Bolton, has started all three games so far.

world champion 2

However, Mustafi is expected to come in for Holding and partner Laurent Koscielny. Moreover, Mustafi admits the allure of the Champions League was key in him making the move to north London.

“They are an internationally represented club and it was important for me to be able to make a step forward in my career,” the 24 year said.

“I want to play in the Champions League again and with players who I can learn from. The stars at Arsenal have achieved so much and will be able to teach me a few things.”