Photo: New Arsenal signing sends heartfelt message to best friend

Granit Xhaka was feeling in a nostalgic mood on Sunday night as the Arsenal midfielder posted the above photo on his Instagram page.

The Gunners midfielder helped Arsene Wenger’s side record their first Premier League win of the season at Vicarage Road on Saturday afternoon after a 3-1 win against Watford.

Xhaka impressed in the heart of Arsenal’s midfielder as the Swiss star won five tackles, two aerial duals and finished with 86 per cent pass completion against the Hornets.

But the Arsenal star showed his softer side on the photo-sharing app on Sunday night as he dedicated an Instagram message to his best friend.

Xhaka posted the above photo and wrote the following caption:

We are brothers since day 1 and we will never forget what we experienced everything . We are there for each other and are always at each other. You’re my best friend and I never forget where I come from, you and I simply belong to the whole world we are against us will not give up that has always been our motto, and it will remain so do not forget that my brother my best friend te dua # bob92 #bob #bestfriends 💪🏼 @dibra_jackson”

Wenger signed the Switzerland international in a £33m deal from Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach at the start of the summer.

The Gunners have collected four points from a possible nine after a mixed start to the season under manager Wenger.