BBC Official ! – £9.4m Submitted, Arsenal To Complete 3rd Signing Before 11:30pm

Arsene Wenger is not yet done Arsenal manager in the transfer window as reports coming from the Daily Star are claiming that we’ve tabled an opening £9.4m offer for Lanus midfielder Miguel Almiron.

The Frenchman has been heavily criticized for much of the summer of his lack of spending but still expected to officially announce the signing of a new striker to Arsenal Lucas Perez and defender Shkodran Mustafi on Wednesday in a double deal worth over £50m.

However, it still seems the French tactician may be working on a third last signing as the report from the aforementioned media citing reports coming from Italian outlets Tuttomercatoweb claims Arsenal have made a £9.4m bid for Lanus star Almiron.

The Italian newspaper suggested that our opening offer for the Paraguayan midfielder may fall short but negotiations between the two clubs are still on cards with Almiron hoping to receive nearer £11m for the attacking midfielder.

However, he is predominantly a central attacking midfielder but is also said to be comfortable playing on the wings while he played for Paraguay at this summer’s Copa America having previously played for the Paraguayan Under-20’s.

The rumour linking us with the attacking midfielder came out of the blue and I’d personally be astonished if Wenger did splash out around £10m on a South American midfielder but with Wenger so keen on boosting his squad to be fully challenge Premier League title.