Breaking: Lucas PEREZ’s first words As An Arsenal Player: “This team have got fantastic players”

Interviewed by Arsenal Player after having been announced as a new Gunners player, Spanish forward Lucas Perez stated [via Transfermktweb]:

Thanks very much, first of all. I’m delighted. It’s a massive step in my career to come to a club with the history and quality that Arsenal have, and be able to play in competitions like the Premier League and the Champions League. I’m very proud and happy to be here.

Well, I knew about Arsenal being interested in me through my agent, and through some other players, who spoke very highly of Arsenal to me. I was really happy and flattered when I heard about Arsenal’s interest. I was very hopeful to get the chance to come here.

There was some contact when the transfer window opened. As always in football, clubs have to evaluate what they need, but they showed interest when they got in contact. Things happened more quickly towards the end of the window, so it could be made official.

I know the club, and I watched many matches of theirs on TV. The Premier League is very popular in Spain and I always try to watch matches whenever I can. Arsenal have top quality players and play some great football so they were one of the teams I watched most. They are a great side, they’re fighting for titles, they play in Europe and they’re just a massive club. They have some fantastic players, and that’s very attracting for footballers all over the world.

I’m massively excited about joining Premier League. I want to show what I’m about, get stuck into playing and perform well. Comparing it to Liga, I think the Premier League is more intense and the matches are much more end to end – there is more counter-attacking. The Spanish league is more tactical and so the play isn’t quite as fast as the Premier League.

Well, I think I’m a pacy player. I like to link up and combine with my team-mates, playing one-twos to work a shot. I don’t want to put myself in a box, I hope that the Arsenal fans can see for themselves and enjoy watching me.

I played as a striker for most of my career but I can adapt to any of the four positions across the front line. I prefer playing as a striker but I have no problem playing anywhere up front.

I’d like to say hello to the Arsenal fans and ask them to come out and support us. This is going to be a great season for us all, and I’m sure Arsenal will give you plenty to celebrate“.