“I’d love to see Jack play regularly” – Premier League Legend Opens Up About Wilshere Move

Chelsea’s and Manchester City former midfielder Frank Lampard admits he was pleased to see Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere leave the Emirates stadium and joined Bournemouth on loan for the season.

The England international opted for a move away from the Gunners to Bournemouth on transfer deadline day after he was according to reports deemed to be surplus to requirements at Arsenal by Arsene Wenger this season.

The 24-year-old has struggled for form and fitness in recent seasons and missed most of the season with a serious ankle injury. Wilshere will not be hoping to establish himself as he bids to gain first team football his campaign.

Moreover, the Chelsea legend openly admits that he fully understands that the midfielder’s decision to move to Bournemouth on a temporary deal.

Lampard in an interview with The Sun, said, “People will be surprised by it but I think it’s great because he has to play.”

“I’ve been very fortunate with injuries in my career but I’ve had a few more at the back end. I know the frustrations.

“I don’t know why he has been injured for a long time but I’d love to see Jack play regularly at Bournemouth.

“Then I’m sure the future is bright for him.

“He’s a big player for England. We want talented midfielders like that to come through. Only by playing regularly can he do that.”

We will be returning to Premier League action after the international break as we will be hosting Southampton at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon.

The Gunners won their first game of the season last month as they beat Watford 3-1.