Photo: Granit Xhaka sends message to fans ahead of Southampton clash

Arsenal’s and Swiss international Granit Xhaka thanked his Gunners fans and his Switzerland followers on Instagram for their support as the north London midfielder prepared to switch his focus back to the Premier League.

Xhaka was booked with a red card during Switzerland’s 2-0 victory over 2016 European Champions Portugal in their 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.

He was sent off a second bookable offence during the Group B clash. However, the 23-year-old didn’t appear too disappointed with his red card after a huge win for the Swiss.

He took to this official Instagram page and wrote the following caption: “Thank you fans for the great support !!! 3 points!! Super start”

The Gunners manager Arsene Wenger signed the Swiss playmaker in a deal believed to be in £33m from Borussia Monchengladbach at the start of the summer.

Danke fans für die tolle Unterstützung!!! 3 Punkte!! Super start🎉🎊

A photo posted by Granit Xhaka (@granitxhaka) on

Additionally, the former Basel man has featured in all our three Premier League matches so far this season. He started our fixtures against Leicester City and Watford FC.

He was particularly impressive in our first Premier League game win of the season after a 3-1 against Watford at Vicarage Road.

However, we will be hosting Southampton at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.