FRESH UPDATE From Official Website ! – Wenger Speaks on Severity of Laurent Koscielny Injury

Arsenal’s and French international centre-half Laurent Koscielny is said to be uncertain for the north London club midweek’s Champions League clash against Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

Koscielny who turned 31 on Saturday took a boot to the face during our clash with Southampton. We were however, fortuitous to win over the Saints as the match ended 2-1 to our victory.

He celebrated his birthday as he netted the sublime overhead kick to bring us level. However, Kos was seen in distress in the final minutes of the encounter as he suffered a blow to his face just prior to the Gunners’ winner.

Santi Cazorla gave us the winning goal as he scored from the penalty spot after Jose Fonte was deemed to have fouled Olivier Giroud.

Wenger also gave confirmation that the Frenchman could fail to make the travelling to the France for Tuesday night’s game as he has a swelling that has yet to go down.

He said according to reporters, “Koscielny has a problem with his face. He’s with the doctor now. I haven’t spoken to him yet, but it is very swollen,”

According to some sources, Wenger admitted that our new signings Shkodran Mustafi and Luca Perez are likely not to feature against the Les Perisiens as the duo still lack match fitness.

Should it turns out to be as the word from the horse mouth, young defender Rob Holding will earn his Champions League debut alongside the German international at Parc des Princes on Tuesday.