Mustafi – “I’m Happy To Feel Part Of The Team”

Arsenal’s new summer signing Shkodran Mustafi was delighted with the club win over Southampton on Saturday on his debut with the Gunners. He has also reportedly praised his team-mates for their resolve defeating the Saints at the Emirates Stadium.

The German World Cup winner praised the north London club keen concentration and strong attitude in refusing to accept defeat as we beat the Saints 2-1 on his debut.

Mustafi made a mouth-watering move to the Emirates Stadium last week, but we fell behind to a Czech international goalkeeper Petr Cech own goal in the first of the game on Saturday.

However, Goal.com admits the 24-year-old was highly impressed to see his side fight back and earn three points at the end of the match with French international Laurent Koscielny equalizing and Santi Cazorla balancing the goal by netting a penalty in the final seconds of stoppage time.

Mustafi as quoted via Goal.com said, “If you don’t concentrate for 90 minutes, you lose points,” he told reporters after the match. “So we concentrated and we were in the game until the end, and that’s what gave us the win.”

Moreover, he admits as well that Arsenal winning the game at the last minute meant more to him than making his first debut with the north London club but he wholeheartedly appreciated the reception he had been afforded with the Gunners so far.

He added, “I’m happy for the three points, first of all.”

“But I’m also happy with how the supporters have received me here and how the team has made me feel part of it.”

He played the full 90 minutes, while Lucas Perez – his fellow debutant was substituted in the second half of the game for Olivier Giroud.