Arsenal Handed Massive Injury Boost As Star Man Set To Return To Squad

We’ve been handed an huge boost ahead of our clash against Paris Saint-Germain as Laurent Koscielny trained ahead with his other teammates ahead of the Champions’ League group stage opener against the Les Perisiens on Tuesday.

The Frenchman unintentionally received a kick on his face while defending a corner in the victory of Southampton. However, he faced an examination from the Gunners medical staff after the game.

According to the manager, Arsene Wenger he revealed in his post-match comments, “It is a little concern,” he also added that, “It’s already very swollen.”

The injury blow to the French defender is the latest injury blow to hit us this summer, as both Gabriel and Per Mertesacker are still nursing long-term problems. However, it is though Koscielny’s issue is minor and he could even be in the frame to start at the Parce des Princes.

The 31-year-old was pictured training alongisde new signings Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez, who may drop out of the starting XI as Arsenal prepare to kick-start their European campaign.

“I have to decide that. We will see how everyone is tomorrow morning,” the Gunners boss added. “For Tuesday, we might just have Gibbs coming back, who was not in the squad today. It’s possible they are in the squad.”