“PSG distracted by Arsenal Champions League clash” Paris Saint-Germain Forward

Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain forward Lucas Moura has admitted the French side have been in high thoughtfulness about their clash with Premier League giants.

PSG will be receiving Arsenal at the French capital for the Champions League opening match this evening and Moura believe his side have what it takes to goal the way in the competition this season.

PSG recently as lost a match to league leaders Monaco in August before being held to 1-1 draw by Saint-Etienne at the weekend. However, we’ve also lost one game and drawn another this season.

We’re facing the Les Parisiens with full confidence after thrashing Southampton 2-1 on Saturday.

However, the Les Parisiens forward is under no illusion that our side will give the French side tough test today. He however believes that PSG can improved more better than their quarter-final finish from last season this time around.

He said [via The Evening Standard], “The Champions League is coming and it starts with a tough match,” he told Goal. “We’ll play a very strong Arsenal team. We’re looking forward to it. Even against Saint-Etienne it was hard not to think of this match.”

“I think we should do things a little differently this season. We have the capacity and quality to get through – that’s our goal, our dream.”

“We must progress during the season with the championship to get there, but I think we can reach further and why not win the Champions League.”

When asked about PSG’s below-part start to the new campaign, Lucas said: “The start of the season has been slightly different than usual. Having started with a defeat against Monaco, but I think that’s normal.”

“We changed the staff and the coach this summer, so we need some time to adapt. But I’m sure that gradually we’ll start doing more of what Emery asks us to do as we are trying to change our style of play.”