Wenger urges Arsenal fans to be patient with new signing “tipped to start today”

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has urged supporters to give our new summer signing time to settle at the Emirates stadium.

The Spaniard made his first debut in our victory match against Southampton last Saturday following his £17million arrival from Deportivo de La Coruña on August 30.

Lucas, 28, saw the bag of the next while still playing for the Deportivo’s last season in Spain. He set up Laurent Koscielny’s equalizing as we came from behind to beat the Saints at the Emirates stadium.

Moreover, the French manager believes it is only a matter of time for the new signing to reveal himself by netting huge and brilliant goals in front of the Emirates fans.

Wenger as quoted via the official website [via The Evening Standard] said, “I hope so.” He also went on saying that, “I think he got 17 goals last year. In the second half, I think he combined much better. It is not easy as well to start at home, the pressure is there for everybody and everybody has their eyes on them.”

“You could see that especially with Mustafi, because in the second half he was much more comfortable than in the first.”

“Let’s give [Lucas] time. We have scored goals since the start of the season, but we bought one more striker because we thought we needed one more let’s give him time and not judge him too quickly.”