“Arsenal win in 2015 inspired us to stun Tottenham at Wembley” – Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim

French club AS Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim admits his side was much inspired by their stunning victory over Arsenal in the last season Champions League that help the club pull off another away day upset in London.

Although, our London rival Tottenham Hotspur were the ones to fall to the French side this time. Bernando Silva and Thomas Lemar struck inside the net 31 minutes to provide the Les Rouges et Blancs with a two-goal lead in Spurs’ first Champions League game at Wembley.

However, the Spurs defeat was not as critical to their Champions League hopes as the 3-1 defeat Monaco on us in the round of 16 Jardim saw many similarities in the way his side had upset their London hosts.

Jardim said, as quoted via the Evening Standard, “We wanted to stop the transitions of our opponents, who are very strong in this area.”

“Mentally, we prepared ourselves by thinking about how we were emotionally when we played Arsenal at the Emirates.”