[Predicted Lineup] Hull City v Arsenal: The Ox Dropped, Forward Likely To Make Come Back

We could count ourselves so lucky on Tuesday night as we manage to escaped from the Parc des Princes with a 1-1 draw against Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.

The Gunners were on the back foot for much of the game, but a combination of an outstanding performance from replacement goalkeeper Petr Cech and the unbelievable wastefulness of PSG striker Edinson Cavani meant that the home side were unable to put the game beyond doubt despite taking the lead after 42 seconds.

We really need to go into the match this weekend with his strongest possible side, i.e. nobody gets rested unnecessarily.

In the light of this, this is the team I think the manger should field against Hull City on Saturday.

Goalkeeper: Petr Cech

Despite the brilliant performance showed by the Colombian international goalkeeper, Cech is the undisputed number one at the Emirates and he will be put back into the starting lineup at the next opportunity.

Defence:

Right-Back: Héctor Bellerín

Centre-Back: Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny

Left-Back:     Nacho Monreal

Our defence select itself, but be truth be told, Laurent Koscielny and Mustafi starting the last two or our matches together has showed strong signs of good partnership forming. Likewise, Spaniard Bellerin, is our first choice right-back and I don’t think there is any reason to change this idea.

The left-back, however, based on this, it could still be up for grabs. However, there has only be one substitute appearance to Kieran Gibbs name so far, but brilliant performances showed by Monreal so far haven’t been particularly convincing.

Midfielders:

Centre Midfield: Granit Xhaka, Santi Cazorla,

 It could be seen that Wenger is somewhat reluctant to completer immerse Granit Xhaka fully into our midfield just yet, but Wales international Aaron Ramsey still not full fit, I believe Xhaka has shown enough in his game time so far to have earned a starting sport against Hull.

Also, Cazorla is in his full best right now and he’s shown enough quality in the last few games he has played to seal his place in the first team, but Coquelin, really hasn’t.

Attacking Midfield:

Mesut Özil,

Again, this another position that picks itself in the squad. It could be seen that Ozil hasn’t been at his best form this season, but is still far and better our best player for playing that number ten rile.

Right Wing: Alexis Sánchez

Left Wing: Alex Iwobi

The two wing forwards above are interchangeable (i.e. neither are restricted by which side they start on). The experiment of Alexis as a centre forward hasn’t worked and needs to be put out of its misery, and the return of Giroud can allow for that with the Chilean international returning to a wide role.

Iwobi didn’t have the best of games against PSG on Tuesday, for which he has already apologised, but offers more in the role than Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (and Lucas Pérez isn’t ready yet) so should be given another chance.

Striker:

Olivier Giroud

Despite the stupid red card late on, Arsenal looked noticeably more organised when they had a focal point in Giroud to aim for. The French international is definitely upgradeable, but right now he’s the best striking option Arsenal have.