BBC Confirmed Arsenal In Talks With Club Official For 40-goals Hitman

As confirmed by BBC, Arsenal could begin negotiation talks with Brazilian club Santos’ u15 for the service of Yuri. The forward who bagged 40 goals in his 28 appearance last season could complete his move to the Emirates Stadium in January.

There are also report from Brazilian that once claimed Manchester United and Manchester City are also showing keen interest in the youngster.

The youngster has been called up to represent Brazil u16s and even plays some u17 matches. It’s therefore understandable that Santos apparently don’t want to let the kid go.

Giovanni Galvão of BBM Sports, who represents the 15-year-old, seems to understand that although many clubs are interested, it doesn’t look as if he’ll move. Yuri obviously hasn’t signed a professional contract yet, given his age.

“As a representative of the player, we have to hear any kind of interest,” Galvão said.

“Yuri is now seen as one of the best strikers in the youth categories of Brazil, and this is why he’s drawn the attention of the best clubs in the world. But we do not think, for now, about any change.”

It’s exciting to hear about youngsters setting the footballing world alight but at the age of 15, it’s hard to really get enthusiastic. There will most likely been loads of clubs interested in the boy, all fighting over who can pay him the most. I just hope his representatives protect him and give him as smooth a ride as possible.