Arsenal Have £149million To Spend On New Players – Sir Chips Keswick

Arsenal director Sir Chips Keswick has releases an official statement claiming that Arsenal have £149million to spend on new players as he explained their healthy financial figures.

Our end of year results for the year ending June 2016 show the north London outfit had £226.5million in the bank, far more than Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich combined.

The director explains further the figure does not present an accurate picture of the club’s financial situation as it does not include Arsenal’s transfer expenditure this summer, interest payments on Arsenal’s debt or outstanding previous transfer payments.

He said as quoted  via The Sun, “It is my duty to point out that after excluding debt service reserves and amounts owed to other clubs on past transfers the balance reduces to £149million,”

“This figure is in itself inflated, due to the seasonality of our cash flows, by advance sponsorship and season ticket receipts for the new season.

“Against the underlying balance of available funds we have, as mentioned above, invested strongly in player acquisitions during the summer at a total transfer in cost of more than £90m with additional significant commitments to player wages, agent’s fees and performance related contingencies on top of that.”

Arsene Wenger’s side spent heavily this summer bringing in Granit Xhaka (£38million), Shkodran Mustafi (£35million), Lucas Perez (£17million), Takuma Asano (£3.4million) and Rob Holding (£2.5million).

Arsenal have been criticised for a lack of investment in recent times under their French manager.

Fears have been put to bed in the last few years though after the club has completed several major captures in the transfer market, including attracting Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez from Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.

Wenger’s side currently sit third in the Premier League after picking up 16 points from their first seven matches this term.

Arsenal welcome Swansea to the Emirates in two weeks times before facing Ludogorets in the Champions League.