£200,000-a-week Deal Done ! – Ozil Agrees New Deal With Arsenal

Arsenal are hoping to persuade both the German midfielder and the club current striker Alexis Sanchez to put pen to paper on new terms soon.

However, the report according to the aforementioned news outlet claimed Ozil “wants a new contract in excess of £200,000 a week.

As per the report, it claimed Wenger “voiced some doubt for the first time” about his side to keep hold of Ozil, whose current deal with Arsenal runs out in 2018.

The Frenchman has said he believes the situation is “not just about money” and that the midfielder wants to feel he can win major trophies with the Londoners.

The Mirror quotes Wenger as saying: “That’s what we have to show. But we are in a league where everybody fights, and you cannot guarantee that to anybody.” Stressing that negotiations would remain “discreet,” he added: “We want to keep our best players, of course.”

But the report quotes the source as saying Ozil “knows his market value” — and that the parties are struggling to reach that compromise.