Arsenal’s £60,000-A-Week Star Likely To End His Career At Lorient

Laurent Koscielny says he will see out his career with Arsenal or Lorient.

Koscielny admits he owes a debt of gratitude Arsene Wenger in bringing him to London in 2010 and he is keen to repay that faith in the English capital.

The 31-year-old has more than two years left on his current contract and Wenger is understood to be keen to offer him a new improved deal.

It would appear that negotiations will not be too complicated between the two parties, with Koscielny saying: “It was Arsene Wenger who had the courage to buy me from Lorient when I was nobody.

“I’d had one year at an average club in Ligue 1 and he took a big punt in bringing me to one of the 10 biggest clubs in Europe.

“I am in the French national team thanks to the boss and I will be grateful to him my entire career.

“I will finish my career in England or at my old club Lorient but I love living in London.

“I was 24 when I arrived in England and I had never lived in a big town, so it was a big step into the unknown for me.

“But my family is happy, the people are calmer than in Paris and there is more respect.”