Charlie Nicholas delivers blunt verdict on Arsenal duo

Charlie Nicholas has accused Arsenal of losing their fluency and rhythm after we had to battle to another draw against French side Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.

We were 2-1 up and set to claim top spot in Group A on Tuesday evening but the French champions fought back to claim a 2-2 draw which pout the French giants in control of the group.

However, this means that the Gunners will likely get a very difficult tie in the round of 16 should their place as second in the group be confirmed, while the match is a third consecutive draw we’ve played in all competitions.

And the former Celtic and Arsenal forward feels that we’ve lost some of our confidence and making hard work of our matches at the moment which could contribute to a downfall in form all-together.

He said as quoted by Sky Sports, “When it went to 2-1 with a fortunate own goal from [Marco] Verratti, you thought they’d kick on a bit. You knew the counter attack and force that PSG had, they could get a second goal.

“They created the space, and it’s a half decent second half from Arsenal, but their rhythm and fluency from three weeks ago has gone. Everything is hard graft at the moment, having to work overtime.

“They had to drag themselves back in it at Old Trafford, I’ll give them that, but they were really so poor in that game, and they have been like that. Against Spurs they got themselves 1-0 up and by the end are hanging in. That’s three or four weeks.”

We return to action against Bournemouth on Sunday in the Premier League as we look to get back to winning ways and not parking buses.