Ahead Of Man City Clash, Mustafi posts injury update to Arsenal teammates

Shkodran Mustafi has posted an injury update to Arsenal fans.

The German picked up a hamstring strain during Arsenal’s victory over Stoke at the Emirates.

After the clash, Arsene Wenger revealed Mustafi was unlikely to return until the new year.

Mustafi took to Twitter to express his disappointment at the injury blow but vowed to return stronger.

He posted: “Very bitter injury at that point of the season. I’ll do everything I can to recover quickly and come back stronger than before.”

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Wenger opened up on the 24-year-old’s injury.

He said: “I believe it looks quite a good hamstring strain. Good as in a bad sense.”

Wenger was then pushed for more detail on the defender, he replied: “It’s a bad one. The minimum for an injury like that is 21 days – so he will have a nice Chistmas