£25m Tabled ! – Medicals Booked, Man City Done To Sell Oxlade-Chamberlain

Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, is reportedly plotting a £25m move for Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as Wenger warns that poaching his men won’t be as easy as before, according to an article in The Sun.

With five assists and six goals so far in all competitions, Chamberlain is having his best ever Arsenal season as he gets set to face Manchester City in a massive title clash – giving Pep a good chance to get a closer look at the transfer target.

Arsenal have a long and painful history of losing some of their brightest stars to the Manchester club, with the list including the likes of: Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna and the infamous Emmanuel Adebayor as well as former captains Mikel Arteta and Patrick Viera, who became City coaches – a trend that Wenger will be keen to put a stop to.

“City have been good clients. But we are financially much more competitive than we were before,” Wenger said.

“We were always competitive but we had to sell our players, that is the big difference. Now we can keep our players. Today we can make the decision.”

With Arsenal reportedly set to offer deals worth around £200k per week to Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, Wenger said: “I feel we can give financial satisfaction and support ambitions and values that can make the players happy.

“Before, perhaps the financial gap was too big a difference to keep our players. We could not compete.

“Looking at the future, it should be a bright future for the club.”

The Ox, despite only having 18 months left on his current contract, does not have contract talks scheduled; meaning that Guardiola may be able to emulate his Bayern Munich past by poaching a player for free from a title rival when his contract expires in 2018.

Raheem Sterling has cooled off since his incredible form at the start of the season, which saw him named August’s Player of the Month, and the likes of Jesus Navas are yet to really get going with City also losing Ilkay Gundogan for the rest of the season – all of which could add up to Pep making a January move for the Arsenal and England midfielder.