Big Injury Blow – Wenger Confirmed Another Star Ruled Out Of Arsenal Game

Despite having some couples of players out of the squad due to long and short time injuries, Arsenal have yet been dealt with another fresh blow after the manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that England forward Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain suffered a hamstring injuring during our 2-1 defeat at Manchester City on Sunday.

The Ox had previously started in our last four Premier League games, he was dropped to the bench for the Sunday’s crucial trip to the Etihad Stadium with Nigerian international Alex Iwobi selected alongside Mesut Ozil and Theo Walcott in our attack.

Like many of the forward team mates, the winger endured a frustrating afternoon and the Iwobi was substituted in the 65th minute after being replaced by Oxlade-Chamberlain.

However, The Ox was soon joining Iwobi in the changing room as he was barely on the field over 10 minutes before he picked up an injury and limped off the pitch to be replaced by Mohamed Elneny in the 78th minute.

And it looks like Oxlade-Chamberlain is now facing a spell on the sidelines as Wenger has confirmed that the winger has suffered a suspected hamstring injury. The boss told Arsenal.com:

on what’s wrong with the Ox…
He’s injured. It looks like a hamstring – it’s a muscular problem.

We’ll have to wait and see how serious the injury is once it’s been fully assessed but even a minor hamstring injury is likely to rule Oxlade-Chamberlain out for two-to-three weeks.