Arsenal To Complete £85m Record Breaking Deal For World-Cup Winner – Not Ozil

Last summer, Arsene Wenger was heavily linked with a move to sign German international and Bayer Leverkusen defender Jonathan Tah.

Back in June 2016, we covered a report via the German media and claimed that the Gunners have inquired about signing the 20-year-old center back.

However, the move did not happen and the Kaiser stayed with the Bundesliga club. Now, the latest update has been provided by the German player himself and it is not good news for the North Londonders.

According to Bild, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been keen on signing Tah for months but the player has now confirmed that he is happy at Bayer Leverkusen and does not want to leave.

“I am very happy with Bayer Leverkusen, I do not want to leave”

The young center half has featured in 20 games for the Bundesliga side in all competitions and provided one assist.

Tah made his senior debut for the national side back in March 2016 and has featured three times for the reigning World Champions. He was included in the German Euro 2016 squad when Rudiger got injured.

As per the SportBild magazine image provided below, Tah is rated around 16 million euros ($17million).