Arsene Wenger insists a top four finish is still feasible

Protesting fans stomp Arsenal training ground carrying banner against Arsene Wenger but Wenger is not letting the pressure get to him and insisted no one can lead Arsenal like he does. Contradicting fan’s opinion, he quoted Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola’s statement saying ‘fourth place is a trophy’

Two Arsenal fans showed up with flags, banners and mask of Wenger and Alexis Sanchez’s face before the press conference held ahead of the clash with West Ham on Wednesday, calling out for the Frenchman’s resignation.

When questioned about the protest, Wenger said: ‘What I believe is that everyone has an opinion today and what is important is that guys who influence the result stick together and what matters to them is to win a football match.’

The 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Sunday has seen Arsenal drop to the sixth place on the Premier League table seven points behind City.

When asked if he thinks the Gunners can have a top four finish, he answered: ‘It is a good challenge but perfectly possible. For 20 years I have done it and it looked always like it was nothing and suddenly it was important.

‘I am pleased people realise it is not as easy as it looks. As Guardiola said the other day, to achieve top four in England is a trophy. I am happy people realise it is not as easy as it looks.’

The Frenchman again avoided giving a straight answer when questioned about his future at the Emirates, saying:’We have answered that question many time. You ask again but don’t worry, you will get that soon.

‘I think I wish just to dedicate my energy to football and to the next game and leave my own personal case out of the debate.