Arsene Wenger admits he has no idea who captained Arsenal after Koscielny was sent off against Manchester City

Laurent Koscielny captained Arsenal team for the first half of the 2-2 draw against Manchester City on Sunday before he was forced off the pitch with an Achilles problem and it remains unknown who captained the team for the remaining part of the game.

When the Club captain Per Mertesacker and occasional assistant Petr Cech asked Wenger who he will give the armband for Wednesday’s Premier League game against West Ham, he replied: “I don’t know, maybe you?”

Asked again who skipped after Koscielny got injured, Wenger said:“I don’t remember.

“No, it is a good question. Nobody asked me who is captain. I will have 24 hours to think about that.”

His reply goes on to prove his critic right in that the team lacks leadership and even Wenger himself is not fit to lead an entity, although he’s always taken captaincy in football with levity hand.

Premier League might be taking legal action against Arsenal if they are unable to name who the captain was for the second half of the game.

Mertesacker was handed the responsibility of captaincy in pre-season despite being out with a knee injury and Arsenal captains have just 13 Premier League starts since 2013-14 season.