Arsenal lost a gem – Club official in north London to complete move for 24-year-old player

Yaya Sanogo has confirmed that he is at the end of his frustrating time at Arsenal.

The 24-year-old, whose career has been plagued with injuries, has revealed he is now planning to move out of the club.

After moving to the Emirates in 2013, Sanogo has suffered one injury after the other which cut short his time on the playing field and he is mostly found on the treatment table on loan.

Across his four year Arsenal career he has had loan spells with Crystal Palace, Ajax and most recently Charlton Athletic.

‘I’m free,’ Sanogo, told L’Equipe. ‘The adventure ends.

‘My left calf is healed. It kept me off the pitch for nearly seven months. I came back in January, with a fitness trainer. I was able to play again for the Arsenal reserves.

‘Three games with four goals. It is not a lot, but it was a real source of relief for me. It was very hard when I was injured. You feel so mentally alone. There is virtually nobody at your side. And there is this frustration about not knowing what the source of my pain was.’

During the entirety of his four-year as an Arsenal player, the Frenchman made a total of just 20 appearances across all competition. He was able to pick up just one goal.

However, while he has a disappointing time at the north London club, the 2014 FA Cup final will forever be etched in his memory after helping turn around the game in favor of Arsenal to defeat Hull City 3-2 at Wembley after coming on from the bench as a substitute.

He’s also learnt some lessons from Arsene Wenger.

‘[Wenger] is a great manager,’ he said. ‘He taught me a lot.’