Arsenal suffer massive blow in their race to sign international sensation

Henry Onyekuru has dropped a hint on his intention to snub offers from Arsenal as he wants regular playing time.

The Nigerian striker has already admitted Arsenal have approached him with a deal after reports started circulating that the Gunners has agreed a fee with Kas Eupen.

However, Onyekuru has now said he has received a lot of offers from different clubs and he is not ready to sit out his career on the bench next season.

“The first and most important thing for a player is to get playing time,” Onyekuru told KweséESPN.

“I’m still young and I still have a long career to pursue but now I need to play.

“My agents are in talks with top clubs in the Premier League, Bundesliga, French league and others. If they accept our terms, then I’ll make a decision.

“It’s not just about going to a big club and sitting on the bench. It’s not good for me, or being loaned to a club where I won’t play or where I will struggle to play.

“The money can come later but for now, I just want to play to improve, not just to play for a big club.”

Onyekuru, who was the highest scorer in Belgian football last term, also insisted he play for a club that can challenge for major trophy.

“It was very hard for me last season in Belgium because we just got promoted and our first objective was to stay in the league,” he added.

“Sometimes I would score two goals and we would end up losing the game. That was tough for me. It was just God’s favour that helped me because finishing 13th in the league but emerging joint top scorer was just amazing.

“So I won’t like to go to a club where I will fight again just to stay in the league. I want to win trophies and if I can win trophies at my age, it will be good for me.”

Rumors have been circulating in recent times that Arsenal were close to sealing the deal with Onyekuru but he will probably play substitute to a first team player next season which suggest a move might not be possible with the players desire to be a regular.