Deal Close! Arsenal almost done with the transfer deal of young sensation

Monaco Striker Kylian Mbappe just revealed that Champions League success holds more value for him than the Ballon d’Or.

Mbapper had an exceptional breakthrough season as he helped the club to claim the Ligue 1 title and the 18-year-old is one of the most respected youngster in world football at the moment.

However, Mbappe, who reached the semi-finals of the Champions League with Monaco this season, is more determined to claim the European trophy rather than any individual accolades.

Mbappe told Telefoot: “[The Champions League] is a dream, a competition that everyone wants to win and that only a minority can win – the most important are the titles.

“That would be much more of an obsession for me than the Ballon d’Or, for example. I want to touch the stars and, when you dream, you do not dream of playing the middle of the table or maintaining it.

“[The 2018 World Cup] is the number one goal at international level. As I always say, dreams are good but it’s up to me to work for them.”

The France international has massively linked with a move away from Monaco, with several elite club, including Arsenal and Real Madrid, going head to head in their bid to sign him.

If Mbappe does exit Monaco this summer, then he is at the risk of not getting regular playing time anywhere else, suggesting that he would do best to stay put with the French club

The young talent scored 15 goals in Ligue 1 in the recently concluded season and he also got attention for his link up play as he created 31 chances for his teammates.