FRESH UPDATE: Fee Agreed, Star To Complete Arsenal move This Week

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny was glad to hear the rumors about him moving to Marseille, but says he will be staying at the Emirates beyond the summer

Koscielny, 31, grew up as a Marseille devotee and was clearly pleased that his boyhood club wants him.

But the France international noted that his recently signed contract is one of the reasons he will remain in North London.

In an interview with French broadcaster Telefoot, Koscielny said: “I have a contract with Arsenal. I renewed in November. For now, I’m a Gunner. I feel very good there.

“I have always said that I was a fan of Marseille when I was little. To have a mythical club like Marseille make an enquiry is good.”

When asked for the final time whether there is a chance he will be moving to Marseille, Koscielny replied that he cannot say.

The same report suggests the centre-back is also on the radar of Manchester City and Chinese Super League clubs.

Koscielny moved to the Emirates from Lorient for a reported £8.45m back in 2010 and remains a first-choice starter at the centre of Arsene Wenger’s defence.

He has a record of 290 appearances for the Gunners since arriving, including 212 Premier League games, scoring 22 goals.