Bad News! Arsenal’s Bid To Sign Goal Sensation Rejected

Arsenal have been told their interest in France international Thomas Lemar will them cost a whopping £80million if they wish to sign him from Monaco this summer, according to a report.

Arsene Wenger just sealed a deal for Alexandre Lacazette in a club-record £52million deal after the prolific striker completed his medical.

But the Gunners boss is intent on securing the signature of two or three more players and Lemar has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League.

The 21-year-old was an integral part of Monaco title winning campaign last season and in their race to the semi-final of the Champions League.

However, Wenger’s pursuit of the French midfielder may be in vain as the Daily Mirror claim Arsenal have been quoted with a £80m valuation for Lemar.
With the north London believed to be reluctant to go along with the demand, Wenger may turn his focus on Riyad Mahrez who is for an exit from Leicester City.

The Armenian winger is eager to join the Gunners after requesting for a transfer permission from Leicester, but Barcelona and Chelsea have also expressed interest.

Meanwhile, Olivier Giroud has hinted that he’ll not be leaving the Emirates this summer despite Arsenal’s imminent deal for Lacazette.

Everton and West Ham, along with a number of French clubs, are monitoring the talisman but Giroud says he wants to win a title at Arsenal.

‘I won a few titles in my career, that is an important thing, but there is another thing which is important for me,’ Giroud told the club’s official site.

‘And that’s that people (see you as a) loyal warrior on the pitch – that you always give your best for the team.

‘And that’s why I want to carry on my good journey at Arsenal and I always want to give my best.

‘I would love to win another title, or maybe more until the end of my contract.’