All Terms Agreed! Arsenal Seal Deal For Roma Outcast

Wojciech Szczesny has fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal and has had to endure two seasons of loan at Serie A giants Roma.

Juventus are said to be intent on bringing the Poland international back to Italy this summer but permanently this time around.

As per report by Italian outlet CalcioMercato, the exit of Juve goalkeeper Neto this week has increased the speed at which Szczesny move to Turin.

Neto has moved to Valencia in a £8million deal, leaving the Serie A champions short of cover for Gianluigi Buffon.

And the report says Juve are now planning to bring Szczesny to the Allianz Stadium, having already reached a personal agreement with the club.

The 27-year-old is said to have settled on a £67,000-a-week deal and is set to become Buffon’s replacement in the forthcoming season following his retirement.

Arsenal are said to have rejected the Italian club’s initial offer and attached a £13m price tag to the former Legia Warsaw man.

However, CalcioMercato claim Juve are confident they would be able to seal the deal and they could come to an agreement in the coming days.

Speaking in May, Szczesny suggested he could leave Arsenal this summer to move his career forward.

“The one thing I want to do is make sure I don’t stay still,” he said.

“I am 27, the best I have ever been, I still have room to improve and I want to make sure that room doesn’t stay empty.

“I want to go into that room. It feels like a big moment.”