Confirmed By Wenger ! – Ozil Agrees £275,000-a-week Contract Extention

Mesut Ozil just dropped his strongest hint that he is ready to sign anew deal for Arsenal by revealing he cannot wait to play alongside the club’s new record signing Alexandre Lacazette.

The Germany international has entered the final year of his contract with the Gunners but he now appears destined to stay in North London, having being encouraged by Arsene Wenger’s decision to finalize the club-record purchase of the former Lyon player.

‘I’m really looking forward to it,’ Ozil told Arsenal Player. ‘He’s a very good striker who has scored many goals in Ligue 1, not just this season but in previous seasons too. We’re really happy to have such a class striker here with us.

‘From what I’ve heard, he’s meant to be very good, always hungry for goals and ice-cold when he gets into a scoring position. My friends who follow the French league know him well and have told me that I’ll definitely have fun with him on the pitch.

‘I hope that he’ll be able to take us further with his goals. I’m sure he’s happy to be here and to be able to play with us, and we’re pleased to be able to assist him and help him to score as many goals as possible.’