Revealed ! Wenger Close In On Deal For Barcelona Starlet

Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Barcelona star Rafinha. That’s as per Sky Sports who believes the midfielder could be available if the Gunners make an offer in excess of £27 million. The 24-year-old Brazilian has had little time on the pitch at the Nou Camp and could be saying his goodbyes this summer. Some of the betting top 10 sites are already taking bets on the Brazilian moving to Arsenal this summer.

Speaking last month, Rafinha said to Spanish daily Marca: “My future is open to all possibilities and is in the hands of God.

“I am a Barcelona player and the most important thing is to recover from my injury, then we will see what will happen.

“What I can say is that there are no certainties, and that everything is open.”

Although he avoided mentioning Arsenal, Marca say Rafinha desires to move to the North London club. The Olympic gold medalist, who has two caps for Brazil, believes he could be of great help to the Gunners. Rafinha made his first team debut at Camp Nou in 2011 after three impressive seasons in their B team.

He has since racked up 73 appearances for Barca’s senior side, bagging 11 goals. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has only made two additions to his squad this summer. Alexandre Lacazette was brought in for a club record £52m fee from Lyon. And there has been rumours of Lemar coming in from Monaco should Arsenal and the French club be able to come to an agreement on a suitable transfer fee.

With it looking like he will be sold this summer, signing someone like Rafinha will make a lot of sense especially with Elneny also being linked with a move away from Arsenal.

Rafinha may not be the Cazorla like type of central midfielder we have ( Isco would be it  for me ) but he can do a job for it especially as we will play as many as 60 games next season due to the Europa league, FA cup and league cup.

However, I believe £27 million is steep for a player who hardly plays. Barca wanted to pay £30m for Bellerin when he is worth at least £60m hence we should try to sign Rafinha for just £15m. The player wants out and he is not a regular for Barca, that can be used to our advantage.

Wenger also snapped up Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer from Schalke.