Close – Fee Submitted – Medical Scheduled – New Signing Announcement Imminent

Arsenal are in the market for a new midfielder this summer as Arsene Wenger hopes to make more than one signing before the summer transfer deadline net month.

As speculations that has been making round suggest, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is hopeful of securing the signatures of both top target Thomas Lemar and another central midfielder, with William Carvalho and Nice’s Jean-Michael Seri at their focal point.

Wenger is keen to find a midfielder who can provide better qualities compared to those offered by first-choice pairing Granit Xhaka and Aaron Ramsey, with Seri potentially the best option.

Seri has a release clause of £36 million and has been a transfer target for both Roma and Spurs this summer – but the Serie A outfit have refused to meet what Nice are demanding for the 26-year-old.

Arsenal will also not meet the £36m price tag, but believe that the Ligue 1 side could bring down the fee as the transfer window drags on.

And the Gunners have received encouragement in their pursuit of Seri from Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivère, who spoke to L’Équipe in the build-up to his side’s Champions League qualifier against Ajax last night, which ended in a 1-1 draw at the Allianz Riviera.

Rivère confirmed his intentions for Nice for the remainder of the transfer market and suggested they will have to sell players to get enough fund to make some purchase in the transfer market.

“There should be three or four more arrivals, and two departures,” he said.

“We want to finish these as soon as possible, but certain cases take more time than others.

“I think we will manage, because these last ones should be finalised faster than those from last year.”