Major Boost As Player Confirms He Has Extended Contract – Fans Are Delighted

Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal future may be playing on the pitch for many more games, according to Arsene Wenger.

The Egyptian midfielder hass been heavily linked with a potential move away from the Emirates this summer but may have secured himself a spot in the Gunners team with his outstanding performance in the centre of defense during pre-season.

When asked by the club website whether or not Elneny is a good fit for the Gunner’s back three, Wenger said: “Yes he does. Elneny is a player who has a fantastic mentality and attitude, and his main target is to help the team. When he plays there, of course he does extremely well.

“Of course [he needs to learn the defensive side], but I always felt that a good central midfielder can be a good centre back. With the fact of course that when you’re playing in the back four you have to be decisive in the challenges, you have a bit more flexibility in the middle of a back three. He can do that.

“Overall on tour, I played players like Elneny in a back three and he coped very well. Maitland-Niles sometimes played at centre back as well, even in the big games against Chelsea.

“You see their strengths and their weaknesses, and you learn a lot about your players and your combinations too. The advantage we have is that we have a good stability in our squad, so I already know who I can combine with who, more or less.”