Wenger Confirms Names Of Three Players He Would Sign Before Summer End

Arsenal dived early into the transfer market this summer having already secured the signatures of Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette, and are still being linked with still more exciting targets like Thomas Lemar and Jean-Michel Seri. Some Arsenal fans are worried that could be the last of the transfer business in the club but Arsene Wenger has moved to assure the supporters that there is still enough time left in the transfer window and the Gunners are still planning more purchases, although, the increased price tag of top players is a major concern for him.

This is what he told Arsenal.com: “What’s next is to remain active.

“The difficulty is to bring top-level players in because you pay a huge amount of money for very normal players at the moment. As well, all the big clubs are chasing the same players and that provokes huge inflation.

“Maybe this will be the first time we [football clubs] pay over £200m, maybe over £300m with Neymar and around £200m with Mbappe.

“So there is a huge inflation. But we are active, we are working hard and I think we have done well with Kolasinac, we have done well with Lacazette and we are continuing to work.

“There’s the usual acceleration in the final part of August but I think you have always to be on alert every day, because a good opportunity might turn up.

“Sometimes people you are after for a long time are not available and suddenly they become available. So you have always to be on alert. That’s what we do.”

So more signings should be expected, but I can see Arsene waiting until other big clubs make their moves and Arsenal moving to buy the players that will suddenly be deemed surplus to requirements. I’m not knocking it,that is how Wenger managed to convince Ozil and Alexis to come to the Emirate after all.