£280-a-week Agreed – Wenger Personally Confirms New Deal For Sensational Goal Poacher

Arsenal fans and Arsene Wenger will be hoping to make some positive achievement this weekend, when the Gunners face off with the current Premier League champions, Chelsea. The biggest hope will be that new signing Alexandre Lacazette will start to make breaking the club record to sign him worth it and begin to show some good form, but that could be a long time coming.

There is a good reason for us to hope for a positive result ahead of this clash of the legends, as the Gunners put in one of the best performance of the season to defeat Chelsea in the FA Cup final at Wembley to land them a spot in the Community Shield clash.

And the signing of the new French striker seems to have put the old guard of Arsenal forwards on their toes. The recent performances of Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud in particular have struck me as those of players fighting for their places in the team, so I( wonder if we might just see Wenger start the EPL campaign at home to Leicester City next Friday with these two in the starting line-up.

Not only do they have more than enough experience in the EPL and ability between them but a home game against the Foxes should be a good start, especially for the big target man up top. If Lacazette finding his feet and with Arsenal desperately needing a great start to the season, will Giroud and Walcott be the men to get the Gunners going?