Wenger Has Lost It Again

Emiliano Martinez has moved to Getafe CF, Arsenal announced on the official website. The Argentinian keeper will henceforth be playing in the La Liga for the 2017-18 seasonon a season-long loan deal.

The 24-year-old was said to be vying to be Petr Cech’s deputy this season but he will go to the La Liga outfit for the season in search of a spot in their first team. He stated he still hoping to break into the first team at the Emirates despite currently being on exile.

“I came from nothing and I’m at Arsenal now, one of the biggest clubs in the world, but I’m never satisfied. I was third choice fighting for second spot, so maybe the season after I will fight for No 1. You always need to give more at Arsenal. It’s never enough and that’s what I try to do.”

Following the departure of Wojciech Szczesny, it was thought that Martinez would remain at the club to play second fiddle to the club’s number one. However, with David Ospina now set to remain at the club, Martinez has been sent on loan to add more feathers to his cap.

But does his departure mean the Gunners need reinforcement between the sticks?

As of now, Arsene Wenger only has Petr Cech and David Ospina ahead of the new Premier League season, though the latter has been linked with a move away from North London.

As a result, Arsenal fans on Twitter believe that Wenger made a wrong decision in letting the promising youngster leave, arguing that he is more needed at the Emirates.