Confirmed By Club: Lucas Perez Finally Completes Move To Newcastle

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez has revealed he has talked to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger with a potential move for Lucas Perez.

Speculations of the Spaniards impending exit from the Emirates has been going round all through the summer, and the Magpies have been touted as a possible destination for a while now.

As reported by BT Sport (h/t the Daily Express‘ Uche Amako), Benitez was enquired if the rumors of his club signing Perez were true during a recent interview, and he confirmed he’s interested in the player:

“I was talking with Arsene yesterday, because we had the managers meeting.

“I said: ‘Listen, we have to talk.’

“And he said: ‘Do you have some money?’

“Obviously, we like good players, but it’s too soon to talk about that.”

This is not the first time Benitez has refused to deny being interested in the Spaniard―as reported by Lee Ryder of the Chronicle, he previously left the door open for a move:

Newcastle are financially buoyant to make the deal come through – courtesy of Premier League promotion – and for Perez, the opportunity to rise to limelight in England’s top division, albeit at a different club, should entice him.