Confirmed By SkySports – Lemar Deal Sealed – Medicals On Monday

Arsenal Banter brings you latest update on Arsenal news from top media sites like Daily Mail, Metro, The Express, The Independent, The Telegraph, SkySports and so on.

According to Sky Sports via the Mirror, Arsenal are still trying to negotiate a deal with Monaco to sign £50m-rated attacker Thomas Lemar.

Arsene Wenger is hoping get in more signings before the end of the transfer window and Arsenal have been heavily linked with Lemar all through the summer but they have struggled to agree a deal with Monaco after seeing two formal offers rejected by the French side.

The Ligue 1 champions are desperate to hold on to the remainder of their title winning squad after selling a number of their key players this summer.

The speculation linking Lemar with Arsenal has cooled down a bit in recent weeks after Monaco insisted he is not for sale, however, the Mirror are citing a report from Sky Sports that says Arsenal are still trying to wrap up a deal with the French outfit.

The newspaper says Monaco are demanding for a fee around £50m for the 21-year-old’s signature and Arsenal still hope to bring him down to the Emirates before summer end later this month.

Monaco completed the signing of winger Rachid Ghezzal last week and he could be viewed as a replacement for Lemar, so they are hopefully just holding out for a good enough offer and will eventually agree a deal with Arsenal.

Lemar has earned a reputation as one of the most exciting young attackers in Europe after bagging 14 goals and providing 17 assists last season so Arsenal fans would love to see him bring that skills to the Emirates over the next two weeks.

It looks like we’re going to lose Alexis Sanchez either this summer or in 12 months time so we need to be prepared for his exit and Lemar would be a superb long-term replacement for the Chilean superstar.